Relax on your trip knowing you have the best travel insurance
I know. I don’t like having to buy travel insurance either.
And I don’t even like talking about it or having to do research and compare the best travel insurance companies.
It’s never an exciting topic, I’d much rather just talk about planning a trip with my kids and grandparents.
And when you think about it, paying for a travel insurance premium is one of those things you pay for in the hopes you never need to use it.
But you are here now, and before I get into my tips for buying the best travel insurance policy, let me just say this,
“If you can’t afford travel insurance, then you can’t afford to travel”.
It’s that simple.
Let’s face it. You don’t hesitate at purchasing car insurance when you buy a car, or house and contents insurance when you buy a home. So why not travel insurance??
Honestly, buying travel insurance can be so cheap it’s a no-brainer. Peace of mind is priceless!
I would much rather spend an extra $100 or so for our trip and most likely never use the insurance than wipe out my bank account if something did happen.
Call it what you like – vacation insurance, trip insurance or holiday insurance, not having insurance is not worth the risk. Anything can, will, and sometimes goes wrong. If it does and you are not insured, you can be up for a lot of money AND inconvenience.
Why you should buy travel insurance
Imagine this.
The excitement of your travel departure date is just around the corner, you’ve saved up all your hard earned money, paid for your flights and accommodation, tours are booked, clothes are packed, and your spending money is just waiting to be spent.
What happens if:
You need to cancel your trip unexpectedly
A hurricane damages your destination
There is a terrorist event
You get sick or injured on your trip
Your luggage is lost or stolen
You lose your passport
I bet the mother whose daughter drank a cocktail filled with chemicals in Bali and had to be flown back to Australia at a price of $50,000 would have loved to have had travel insurance.
When Caz got struck down with tick-bite fever in South Africa and had several hospital visits we’re glad we had travel insurance.
And that time when US immigration lost all our passports in the US, we thought insurance was pretty useful as it saved us from forking out half a grand on replacements.
On our trip to Thailand when we left our computer unattended briefly and a cheeky 2-year-old Savannah slammed it down and killed it, we were glad we had insurance – saving us $1,500 to replace it.
I know. I don’t like having to buy travel insurance either.
And I don’t even like talking about it or having to do research and compare the best travel insurance companies.
It’s never an exciting topic, I’d much rather just talk about planning a trip with my kids and grandparents.
And when you think about it, paying for a travel insurance premium is one of those things you pay for in the hopes you never need to use it.
But you are here now, and before I get into my tips for buying the best travel insurance policy, let me just say this,
“If you can’t afford travel insurance, then you can’t afford to travel”.
It’s that simple.
Let’s face it. You don’t hesitate at purchasing car insurance when you buy a car, or house and contents insurance when you buy a home. So why not travel insurance??
Honestly, buying travel insurance can be so cheap it’s a no-brainer. Peace of mind is priceless!
I would much rather spend an extra $100 or so for our trip and most likely never use the insurance than wipe out my bank account if something did happen.
Call it what you like – vacation insurance, trip insurance or holiday insurance, not having insurance is not worth the risk. Anything can, will, and sometimes goes wrong. If it does and you are not insured, you can be up for a lot of money AND inconvenience.
Why you should buy travel insurance
Imagine this.
The excitement of your travel departure date is just around the corner, you’ve saved up all your hard earned money, paid for your flights and accommodation, tours are booked, clothes are packed, and your spending money is just waiting to be spent.
What happens if:
You need to cancel your trip unexpectedly
A hurricane damages your destination
There is a terrorist event
You get sick or injured on your trip
Your luggage is lost or stolen
You lose your passport
I bet the mother whose daughter drank a cocktail filled with chemicals in Bali and had to be flown back to Australia at a price of $50,000 would have loved to have had travel insurance.
When Caz got struck down with tick-bite fever in South Africa and had several hospital visits we’re glad we had travel insurance.
And that time when US immigration lost all our passports in the US, we thought insurance was pretty useful as it saved us from forking out half a grand on replacements.
On our trip to Thailand when we left our computer unattended briefly and a cheeky 2-year-old Savannah slammed it down and killed it, we were glad we had insurance – saving us $1,500 to replace it.

Emoticon Emoticon